GenAlpha Improves Item Detail View in Equip 2020.3 Release by Kris Harrington
GenAlpha’s 2020.3 Release of its eCommerce and eCatalog solution, Equip, adds an improved item detail view. The introduction of additional features and functionality will further enhance the user experience. The item detail page has been updated to display all available product information in a single page view. This added capability will allow website visitors easier access to product information, expediting the path to purchase. Based upon customer feedback, the functionality has been a useful addition to the customer experience.
- Improvements to Item Detail Usability and Layout: The item detail page layout has been further developed to improve user experience by displaying all relevant product information on a single page. This improvement will allow users quicker access to relevant information while also hiding sections with no data to display.
- Broad Match Results for Product Names: The global search functionality has been enhanced to allow for the partial matching of search terms across all product names. This improvement will allow users to access a wider range of search results.
- Add Product Support for Tax and Freight: For sellers that currently lack the ability to calculate tax and freight cost within their ERP systems, Equip has added the ability to do so without Equip generating a call to the ERP system. This functionality is useful for manufacturers that require the need for tax and/or freight data from their ERP, but currently lack the ability to carry out this process for their customers.
- Categories Administration: Categories can now be created based upon product data from other categories. This reduces the Equip system administrator’s need to fully populate a category with product data. This added feature is especially useful for those users running promotions at the category-level. Rather than individually mapping each product to a promotional category, the administrator can now map an entire subset of categories to a new category.
- Request Return Authorization: Customer returns can now be processed within a sellers Equip eCommerce website. Any user requesting return authorization will now have the ability to do so within their account section by invoice with this configuration selected. This added capability will drastically reduce customer support call volume, while also fulfilling the customers needs in a fast and efficient manner.
- Speed Improvements: As part of GenAlpha’s initiative to continually give users the fastest experience possible, there have been significant changes to file compression and caching. These improvements will enhance the customer user experience by providing faster page loading speeds and allow users to offer their customers a smooth shopping experience.
Equip Solution Releases and Development Sprints
The infrastructure and functionality of Equip is continuously evolving through GenAlpha’s development process, which consists of five solution releases planned in 2020—each made up of three individual development sprints.
Industry leading equipment manufacturers understand the fundamental need to adapt to complex issues, but GenAlpha’s customers don’t just understand the need to adapt—they react with Equip. Industry driven improvements allow Equip to power eCommerce for manufacturers around the world and actively respond to their customers complex needs.
About GenAlpha Technologies:
GenAlpha Technologies was originally founded to simplify the parts ordering process for large complex manufacturing organizations. From that need came Equip, a fully integrated parts and equipment eCommerce, eCatalog, and customer portal solution specifically for manufacturers looking to digitize their sales efforts. Today 30+ manufacturing brands utilize Equip to manage their aftermarket equipment business online. Visit the GenAlpha website at https://genalpha.com/ for more details on the company and their offerings.