GenAlpha Technologies Announces eCommerce Solution Name Change to “Equip”
by Kris Harrington
Feb. 25, 2020, BROOKFIELD, Wis. – GenAlpha Technologies, has announced a renaming of their PartSpot eCommerce and eCatalog solution for manufacturers to “Equip”, effective immediately. This innovative tool allows manufacturers the opportunity to Equip their aftermarket parts, service, and equipment operations for success. This rebranding strategy reflects both the evolution of GenAlpha’s offering and vision for the B2B eCommerce solution, from an online parts portal to a centralized hub for equipment management, in the future.
President, Kristina Harrington stated, “It has been a key focus of ours to double down on providing solutions that Equip manufacturers with the digital tools to grow their business. As a result, the GenAlpha team believes it’s appropriate to rebrand our eCommerce and eCatalog technology offering to reflect its full capabilities. Afterall, when equipment owners need to diagnose an issue and identify parts quickly, we Equip them.”
Pressure is rising for manufacturers as the B2B buyer is expecting to browse and order like they do as a B2C shopper. B2B eCommerce sales are expected to reach $24 billion by 2025, according to the latest publication from Meticulous Research. Manufacturers can open a digital sales channel and realize the following opportunities for their equipment business:
- Boost product sales through a streamlined ordering process, increase market reach up sell and cross sell, with 24/7 ordering availability
- Extend customer loyalty and retention with a single location for post-purchase equipment management and online resources (bill-of-material eCatalog and document library)
- Increase profitability and reduce overhead costs by optimizing product inventory, enhancing pricing strategies, and improving user experience
- Expand customer management offerings including pricing prioritization, quoting functionality, and showcase multi-warehouse real-time product availability
- Reduce order errors and redundant inquiries through the user specific bill-of-material eCatalog, and product category/facet data management
To learn more about Equip’s eCommerce and eCatalog capabilities, or GenAlpha’s aftermarket parts and service business consulting, visit the GenAlpha website at www.genalpha.com.
About GenAlpha Technologies:
GenAlpha Technologies was originally founded to simplify the parts ordering process for large complex manufacturing organizations. From that need came, Equip, a fully integrated parts and equipment eCommerce, eCatalog, and customer portal solution specifically for manufacturers looking to digitize their sales efforts. Today 30+ manufacturing brands utilize Equip to manage their aftermarket equipment business online.