2. Commitment to Privacy Shield
3. Information Collection
GenAlpha Client Restrictions
The following information may be collected by GenAlpha merchants using the Services:
- GenAlpha Merchant employee name, company name, company address, email address, and phone number(s) of client employees who administer the site or use the site to purchase product on behalf of others. This information is used to provide access to site functions and to communicate transactions performed on the site.
- GenAlpha Merchant Customer name, company name, company address, email, shipping and billing address, phone number, and payment details (including credit card information). This information is used by GenAlpha Merchants to provide services, including supporting and processing orders, authentication of payment, and processing of payments.
- Browsing information from all GenAlpha-hosted webpages. The information may include account access patterns, including information about the device and browser, network connections and your IP address. This information is collected to provide analytics that enable GenAlpha Merchants and GenAlpha to improve their services and business operations.
- Personal information, including name, company name, company address, email address, and phone number, provided during inquiries about GenAlpha business and services from GenAlpha websites.
- Personal information, including name, company name, company address, email address, and phone number, provided when support is request from the GenAlpha PartSpot support team. These requests can be from both email and phone calls.
Information Collection Processes
- GenAlpha collects Personal Information when GenAlpha Merchants and GenAlpha Merchant Customers register to use GenAlpha Technology Solutions operated on behalf of the GenAlpha Merchant.
- GenAlpha collects Personal Information when a user of the Site registers to receive additional information.
- Browsing and account information is collected during use of GenAlpha Services and the Site.
A cookie is a small amount of data, which may include a unique identifier. Cookies are sent to browsers from websites and stored on the browsing device. GenAlpha technology solutions assign a different cookie to each device that accesses our website.
5. Use of the Site by Children
You must be 18 years of age to use the Site. GenAlpha does not knowingly collect or maintain information from children under the age of 13, and no part of the Site is designed with the intention of attracting such children.
6. Links to Other Websites and Services
The Site may contain links to other websites that are not controlled and/or maintained by GenAlpha. Please be aware that those other websites may have different privacy policies which may subject you to different privacy practices. Please review the privacy policies of such other websites for information concerning what information is collected on such websites and how it is used. GenAlpha is not responsible for the contents or privacy practices of any linked site or any link on a linked site.
7. Third Parties
GenAlpha works with third parties to provide supporting functions to their Technology Solutions and Site. During the course of providing the additional functions GenAlpha may share Personal Information with them to support these efforts.
In certain limited circumstances, GenAlpha may be required to share information with third parties to conform to legal requirements or to respond to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- Personal Information may be shared with third parties to prevent, investigate, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service or any other agreement related to the Services, the Site, or as otherwise required by law.
- Personal Information may also be shared with a company that acquires our business, whether through merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or other similar transaction or proceeding. If this happens, we will post a notice on our home page.
GenAlpha is responsible for all onward transfers of Personal Information to third parties in accordance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Principles, Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield, and Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA).
GenAlpha remains responsible for Personal Information that is transferred to a third party for processing or to support our efforts in providing its Services. Any Personal Information transferred to a third party for data processing is processed in accordance with our instructions, and is subject, by law, to a comparable level of protection as that provided by GenAlpha.
A “comparable level of protection” means a level of protection generally equivalent to that provided by GenAlpha. For purposes of this policy, GenAlpha contracted parties are IVDesk and Thoughtfocus Technologies.
8. Termination of Services
GenAlpha will continue to store archived copies of collected personal information for legitimate business purposes and to comply with the law. In addition, GenAlpa will continue to store anonymous or anonymized information, such as website visits, without identifiers, in order to improve its Services.
GenAlpha will never share, disclose, sell, rent, or otherwise provide Personal Information to other companies for the marketing of their own products or services.
GenAlpha’s does not use the Personal Information we collect from GenAlpha Merchants to independently contact or market its Technology Solutions and Services.
10. Information Protection
GenAlpha abides by industry standards on information security management to safeguard sensitive information, such as financial information, intellectual property, employee details and any other Personal Information entrusted to us. Its information security systems apply to people, processes and information technology systems on a risk management basis.
An annual audit is performed to insure contracted parties follow industry standards and guidelines. The audit includes the following verifications:
- Payment gateway service providers integrated with GenAlpha are certified as a PCI DSS Level 1 compliant service provider, which is the highest level of compliance available, and our platform is audited annually by a third-party qualified security assessor.
- Data center hosting providers used to host GenAlpha Services are ISO270001 certified.
- Technology development partners comply with industry standards for the development of secure websites.
GenAlpha services are provided via SSL transmission. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your Personal Information.
11. Residents of the European Economic Area (“EEA”)
GenAlpha works with clients and users around the world, including in the EEA. If you are located in the EEA, your personal information is processed in the United States. In order to ensure that your information is protected, GenAlpha relies on the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield
Additionally, if you are located in the EEA, you have certain rights under European law with respect to your personal data, including the right to request access to, correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your personal data. In order to exercise these rights, please reach out to us using the contact information below.
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, GenAlpha commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. EU individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy should first contact GenAlpha at:
245 Sourth Executive Drive
Brookfield, WI 53005
GenAlpha has further committed to cooperate with the panel established by the EU data protection authorities (DPAs) with regard to unresolved Privacy Shield complaints concerning data transferred from the EU.
12. Cross Border Information Protection
While GenAlpha Inc. is a United States company, we provide services to customers and our technology processes data from users around the world. Accordingly, GenAlpha may transmit your personal information outside of the country, state, or province in which you are located.
GenAlpha and its contracted partners comply with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework, regarding the collection, use, and retention of Personal Information from data subjects in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), and with the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework regarding the collection, use and retention of Personal Information from data subjects in Switzerland. In this regard, we have certified that we adhere to the Privacy Shield Principles of notice, choice, accountability for onward transfers, security, data integrity and purpose limitation, access, recourse, enforcement and liability.
If you are located in the EEA or in Switzerland, and believe that your Personal Information has been used in a manner that is not consistent with the relevant privacy policies listed above, please contact us using the information below. If your complaint or dispute remains unresolved, you may also contact the International Centre for Dispute Resolution®, the international division of the American Arbitration Association® (ICDR/AAA). This organization provides independent dispute resolution services, at no charge to you. ICDR/AAA can be contacted at http://go.adr.org/privacyshield.html.
If, after attempting to resolve a dispute through ICDR/AAA, you feel that your concerns about the use of your Personal Information have not been resolved, you may seek resolution of the issue through binding arbitration. For more information about the binding arbitration process, please visit http://www.privacyshield.gov.
By participating in the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield, GenAlpha’s participating U.S. entities are subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. For more information about the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield, please visit http://www.privacyshield.gov (you can view GenAlpha’s certification statement at https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt0000000TNSNAA4&status=Active).
13. Control and Access to Personal Information
Users of GenAlpha Services through the Site retain all rights to their Personal Information and can access it at anytime. In addition, GenAlpha takes reasonable steps to allow correction, amendment, deletion and limiting the use of your Personal Information. You can update many types of Personal Information, such as payment or contact information, directly within your account settings. If you are unable to change your Personal Information within your account settings, please contact us to make the required changes. It’s important to remember that if you delete or limit the use of your Personal Information, the Services may not function properly. If you have any questions about your Personal Information or this policy, or if you would like to make a complaint about how GenAlpha processes your personal data, please contact GenAlpha by email at info@GenAlpha.com, or by using the contact details below:
245 Sourth Executive Drive
Brookfield, WI 53005
14. Opting in and Out of Electronic Communications
At certain points where Personal Information is collected on the Site, there may be a box to indicate that you wish to receive certain information or communications from GenAlpha. You may opt out of receiving electronic communications, such as emails from GenAlpha at any time. In all of our electronic communications you will be given the opportunity to opt out of receiving future communications.